Healthpoint’s Department of Cardiology specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and management of a wide range of cardiovascular diseases.
Healthpoint’s integrated healthcare approach allows our specialized Cardiologists to diagnose and treat many heart conditions, while working closely with other specialists in their fields to provide you with comprehensive care through an individualized treatment plan. The Department of Cardiology works with our specialists in Bariatric and Metabolic surgery, Pediatrics, General Surgery, our Department of Diagnostic Imaging and physicians in many other specialties, as well as nurses, allied health and our specialized Dieticians to ensure you are receiving well-rounded healthcare advice and optimal care.
Healthpoint’s expert team of cardiologists focus on you to help you to improve your health and to help you get back to your normal life more quickly.
We offer diagnosis and treatment for the following:
- Disease of the coronary arteries (Coronary Heart Disease)
- Disease of the heart valves (Valvular Heart Disease)
- Disease of the heart muscle (Cardiomyopathy, Myocarditis)
- Problems associated with the heart rhythm (Cardiac Arrhythmias)
As part of our general and specialized services, we also offer:
- Echocardiography (including 2: Dimensional, M: Mode, Pulsed and Continuous Wave Doppler, Color Flow Studies and Tissue Doppler Imaging) to assess the function of the cardiac muscle and valves
- Clinical Exercise (Treadmill) Testing
- Stress Echocardiography (Physical and Pharmacological) – to assess the heart function with ultrasound during and after exercise
- Ambulatory ECG (Holter) Monitoring – to record the heart’s rhythm over a 24 hour period
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring – to record blood pressure over a 24 hour period
- Pre-participation cardiac assessment for athletes – to assess heart structure and function – specifically relating to professional athletes
What to do next:
Call us now or click here to send a query by email.