Healthpoint's Department of General Practice provides person-centered, continuing, and coordinated healthcare to individuals and families.
General practitioners are skilled in managing uncertainty and complexity. They are able to utilize best practices and apply them to individual patients’ conditions, engaging patients and their families with understanding and helping them to manage their health accordingly.
The General Practitioner functions as a physician, counselor, advocate and agent of change for individuals, families and their communities.
Our range of services includes, but is not limited to:
- Assessment, evaluation and management of acute and chronic illnesses, including:
- Chronic heart disease
- Respiratory disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Other chronic disorders
- Assessment, evaluation and management of acute illnesses, including:
- Upper and lower respiratory tract infections
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Headaches and migraines
- Infectious diseases
- Musculoskeletal injuries and muscle sprains
- Abdominal disorders
- Other acute illnesses
- Provision of preventive care including immunization, screening and health education
- Early detection of various illnesses and referral to the appropriate specialties as necessary
- Primary assessment and evaluation of orthopedic and spine cases
- Delivery of comprehensive medical care to hospitalized patients