Vascular surgery provides treatment for conditions that affect arteries, veins and lymphatics throughout the body. Healthpoint’s Vascular Surgery team in Abu Dhabi is recognized regionally for their successful outcomes in vascular surgery.
Our expert team is uniquely trained and experienced to weigh up options available for treatment for each person, looking at medical therapy, as well as surgical and endovascular approaches. By providing tailor-made programs and using modern techniques and technology used internationally, our Vascular Surgery physicians can assure you that you are receiving the most appropriate therapy for your condition with the best possible result.
Healthpoint has an integrated practice model which means that our Vascular service is supported by other services; this benefits our patients in many ways and we have a specialist interest in diabetic patients with vascular disease and have a group of surgeons, radiologists, dieticians, bariatrics and metabolic, physiotherapists, physicians and podiatrist who provide multidisciplinary care for these patients.
The Vascular Surgery Department offers diagnosis and management of all vascular (arterial, venous and lymphatic) disorders including:
- Varicose veins diagnosis and counseling
- Spider veins and sclerotherapy (injections for removal of spider veins)
- Vein thrombosis, clots and phlebitis (inflammation of the veins)
- Surgery for varicose veins
- Endovenous vein ablation (minimally-invasive treatment for varicose veins): laser and radiofrequency
- Diagnosis and treatment of atherosclerosis (obstruction of the arteries)
- Intermittent claudication
- Chronic leg and foot ulcers or impending gangrene
- Carotid artery obstructive disease (narrowing of the carotid arteries) and stroke prevention
- Aortic and peripheral aneurysms
- Peripheral bypass surgery
- And in general any type of problem related to circulation
We also offer non-invasive testing and diagnostic imaging (Duplex Ultrasound) to assess the arteries and veins, including routine check-ups for well patients.
Furthermore, Healthpoint is proud to be one of the region’s few providers of vascular access for hemodialysis patients, offering surgical constructions between the arteries and veins via:
- Arteriovenous fistula
- Hemodialysis grafts
We can also assist patients with existing vascular accesses by assessing and repairing them as needed.
What to do next?
Call us on 02 492 9000 or 800 AD HEALTH for a consultation.