Family Medicine physicians believe in treating the whole person. In this regard, they assess the patient’s entire health, as opposed to specializing in a system of organ of the body, in order to provide holistic treatment.
Healthpoint’s Department of Family Medicine in Abu Dhabi offers a range of acute, chronic and preventive health medical care for men, women and children of all ages based on high-quality, evidence based medicine. We accept most types of insurance and as we are a government / public hospital, we are able to fully accept Thiqa insurance allowing us to take the best care of your family.
Our Family Medicine physicians are experienced professionals offering continuing and comprehensive health care and preventive services for the entire family. These include the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses and injuries for adults and children, routine gynecology services, minor injuries, well-child care, immunizations, preventive check-ups, well child assessments, general health assessments and primary care hospital services. Family medicine physicians often work closely with other subspecialists when required, to ensure the best level of care is maintained.
We believe that Family Medicine is centered on lasting, caring relationships between us and you and your families and we believe that the continuity of care between patient and physician is important in building a trusting and confidential relationship. This ensures that our patients feel safe and that we can make sure you get the best treatment, advice and referrals if required.
Our range of services includes:
- Therapeutic Venesection - performed for patients suffering from Polycaethemia Rubra Vera (primary and secondary) and Haemachromatosis
- Physical examinations for the whole family
- Childhood, adult and travel vaccinations
- Management and treatment of chronic diseases and conditions, including:
- After stroke care
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Treatment of acute conditions, including:
- Colds and respiratory tract infections
- Cuts, bites and stings
- Headaches and migraines
- Infectious diseases
- Musculoskeletal injuries and muscle sprains
- Other acute illnesses
- Well women checks, including screening for breast and cervical cancer
- Employment and school examinations
- General health checkups and packages
What to do next
Let us look after your family by calling us now on 02 492 9000 or click here to send a query by email.