Our General Practice Department is your first port of call when you sense an unfamiliar change in your body. No matter what the concern may be, our physicians will uncover your condition by using their expertise with diagnosing complicated or underlying conditions and allow you to get back on the path to health.
Our General Practitioners (GPs) are experienced in managing complex health issues. They are able to utilize their skills and international best practices to apply them to your individual needs. They specialize in providing patients and their families with a thorough understanding of their condition through patient education allowing you and your family to take control of your health.
Our GPs will often be your first point of contact if you are feeling unwell and will refer you to the super-specialty departments we have within Healthpoint.
The General Practitioner functions as a physician, counselor, advocate and agent of change for individuals, families and their communities.
Our range of services includes, but is not limited to:
- Primary assessment and evaluation of orthopedic and spine cases
- Assessment, evaluation and management of acute and chronic illnesses, including:
- Chronic heart disease
- Respiratory disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Other chronic disorders
- Assessment, evaluation and management of acute illnesses, including:
- Upper and lower respiratory tract infections
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Headaches and migraines
- Infectious diseases
- Musculoskeletal injuries and muscle sprains
- Abdominal disorders
- Other acute illnesses
- Provision of preventive care including immunization, screening and health education
- Early detection of various illnesses and referral to the appropriate specialties as necessary
- Delivery of comprehensive medical care to hospitalized patients