Guided by the world leaders in the pioneering minimally-invasive treatment techniques, Wooridul Spine Centre provides patients with a complete spectrum of spine care solutions – from diagnostics and pain management through to advanced surgical techniques and physiotherapy.
Wholly owned by Mubadala, Wooridul Spine Centre is a partnership between Mubadala Healthcare and South Korea's Wooridul Spine Hospital, world leaders in the minimally invasive spine surgery technique. Its goal is to bring leading-edge spinal care to the United Arab Emirates in order to address the region's high prevalence of spinal problems and to reduce the need for patients to travel abroad for specialized treatment.
Wooridul Spine Centre, offers two UAE based specialist centers entirely dedicated to the treatment of spinal injuries and chronic back pain. Wooridul Spine Centre is conveniently located at Healthpoint in Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi and also on Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai. Surgeries performed at Wooridul Spine Centre are performed by renowned Korean spine surgeons who are pioneers in minimally-invasive spinal surgery, which utilizes endoscopic and microscopic laser technology to effectively treat disorders of the spinal disc. These techniques reduce surgical damage to muscle and tissue, resulting in shorter hospital stays, almost no bleeding, minimal scarring, and above all, a speedy recovery.
We bring together the brightest minds in the diagnosis and management of spine disorders and back pain, ensuring you get personalized treatment and optimal results. As part of Healthpoint’s integrated practice model you will also appreciate the benefits of an holistic approach to your initial diagnosis all the way through to you post-treatment rehabilitation.
Our team creates highly individualized treatment plans for each patient, ensuring that you get the best results with, or without, surgery. Our spine team is comprised of world-renowned specialists. Due to Healthpoint’s integrated approach to care, every patient also has easy access to every other service offered allowing our Spine Consultants to provide the full cycle of care to create a highly individualized treatment plan, tailor-made for each patient.
In the event that you require surgery and need to stay with us you can rest assured that our environments have been designed to be comfortable, stylish and soothing, as well as being fitted out with the latest in medical technology. As a boutique style hospital, we provide luxury private rooms, valet parking, concierge services and a personal touch and you will find that our luxury private rooms benefit our patients by minimizing risk of infection and enabling you to heal and recover faster.
- Percutaneous endoscopy disc treatment
- Minimally-invasive spine surgeries
- Open laser microdiscectomy (OLM)
- Total Disc Replacement (Cervical and Lumbar) and Motion Preservation surgeries
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF)
- Minimally invasive fusion surgeries (cervical, thoracic and lumbar)
Whenever possible, your spine specialist will explore nonsurgical treatments first. These treatments may include medication, pain management techniques, manipulation, acupuncture, bracing or physical therapy.We offer comprehensive and tailored treatment plans for managing pain. Our multi-disciplinary approach goes beyond medication management and interventional procedures to incorporate the entire scope of pain management, including behavioral services and rehabilitation services. We can help you with severe back pain and challenging chronic pain. Our most common procedures for pain management are:
- Transforaminal epidural injection
- Selective nerve root injection
Spine Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Our team of expert spine physiotherapists brings the best from the field of neuro-musculoskeletal physiotherapy and rehabilitation to UAE. The treatment combines evidence-based principles with a state of the art facility, and a strong commitment to develop concise, individualized programs for every patient. All our physiotherapists have been specially trained at the world renowned Wooridul Spine Hospital in Seoul, South Korea. This systematic approach to physiotherapy and exercise therapy is the secret of our outstanding long-term success in the field.
Spine Physiotherapists deal with conditions ranging from degenerative and deformities of the spine, both surgical and conservative. Below are some of the most common conditions treated by Spine Physiotherapists:
- Neck Pain – Mechanical
- Neck Pain – Whiplash Associated Disorders
- Neck Pain with radiating pain to the arm
- Spondylosis of the cervical and lumbar spine
- Spondylolysthesis – slipping of vertebrae
- Low Back Pain – Mechanical
- Low Back Pain with radiating pain to the legs – eg : Sciatica
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Osteoporosis – weakening of the spine bones
- Disc Herniation – neck, mid back and low back region
- Fracture of the Spine
- Physiotherapy following Epidural Injection, Selective Nerve Root Block Injections
- Return to Work Assessments, Return to Sports Assessments and Training following injuries to Spine
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation following Spine Surgeries – like Micro discectomy, Artificial Disc Replacement, Fusion Surgeries, Percutaneous Endoscopic Micro Discectomy, Scoliosis Correction Surgery, Kyphosis Correction Surgery.
We offer relief to our patients though a broad range of treatment techniques that include custom exercise prescriptions and therapy or programs to minimize any disability. It involves sophisticated equipment that is selected based on physiological design, clinical efficacy, usability and safety. Most of this equipment is only available at Wooridul Spine Centre.
- Centaur Trunk Stabilizing and Strengthening Device
- Neurac-RedCord Sling Therapy
- Exercise Devices for core stability, upper and lower muscular endurance training
- Fluid Cycle: Aerobic Workout for both upper and lower limbs
- Vertetrac & Cervico 2000 (traction in motion for cervical and lumbar areas)
- Electronic Cervical & Lumbar Traction
- Gym with range of latest equipment to restore functions for a better quality of life
- Electrotherapy modalities to relieve pain and to improve muscle strength
What to do next
We can help patients of all ages with back pain, neck pain, sciatica, slipped discs and those suffering from minor or complex spinal conditions by offering expert consultation, advanced diagnostic services and the some of the world’s best spine surgeons if surgery is the only answer. Call 02 492 9000 or 800 AD HEALTH for a consultation.