Overall Job Summary
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Department
- Reports To
Head of Department
1. Patient Care Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care.
- To maintain accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of patient care.
- To plan and coordinate the patients’ discharge arrangements.
- To promote a patient focused approach to care in collaboration with all relevant health professionals; acting as an ambassador for our medical service.
- Evaluates patient/family learning needs and assists them in developing knowledge, skills and other resources they need to achieve satisfying and productive patterns of living through providing advice on health education and developing therapeutic supportive relationships.
- To provide information to enable patients to make choices about their lifestyle including advice in areas such as weight control, blood pressure, diabetes management.
- To educate patients and their careers as required in line with Healthpoint Patient and Family Education Policy.
- To complete patient documentation correctly according to organizational standards and policies.
- To participate in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication by creating an environment that fosters open and honest communication.
- To ensure patient confidentiality.
- Maintain knowledge of nursing trend and Evidence Based Practice.
- Follows Healthpoint policies and procedures.
- Act as a patient advocate.
- Perform investigatory procedure, minor procedures and wound management.
- Restocking and maintaining clinical areas and consulting rooms
- Fosters a climate of mutual understanding and appreciation of cross cultural differences inherent in a multi-cultural society, work and client base.
- Offering first aid and emergency treatment as required.
2. Professional Development and Education Responsibilities
- Maintains professional license as required by DHA / DOH and country of origin.
- Demonstrates knowledge relevant to their scope and level of practice.
- Practice nursing in accord with relevant legislation, guidelines and policies and will uphold patient rights derived from those documents to ensure professional standards are maintained.
- Assists in developing a suitable learning environment for staff and act as a mentor / preceptor in the supervision and teaching of peers.
- Accepts responsibility to identify and meet own learning needs for professional growth by developing and sustaining own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness in accordance with Individual nursing registration requirements.
- To contribute to annual appraisal and be responsible for own Personal Development Programme.
- To actively attend mandatory training sessions and other internal education programmes.
- To develop own teaching skills and demonstrate evidence of participating in educational opportunities which meet the individual, service and organizational requirements.
- To complete competencies relevant to area of work.
3. Research and Development Responsibilities
- To assist in promoting nursing practice in line with relevant research.
- To maintain an awareness of evidence-based practice.
- To contribute to research and development programmes within the centre.
4. Audit, Quality and Risk Management Responsibilities
- Displays an effective and efficient use of his/her time.
- Demonstrates a good knowledge of safety policies and procedures; working according to safety rules and regulations as set by the organization towards a safe working environment.
- To contribute to the setting and monitoring of measurable standards of care and be accountable for maintaining standards.
- To uphold quality initiatives that improves ‘customer care’ and enhances the interface between staff, patients and visitors.
- To participate in audit processes for monitoring and reviewing nursing quality.
- To be aware of personal responsibilities in relation to the maintenance of a safe environment and identification of potential risks for all personnel, patients and visitors, taking action as and when required.
- Identify own training needs, to ensure individual is informed and competent in the use of all equipment provided for use.
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to problem solve and make sound judgments including the ability to determine when to seek advice.
- Dresses appropriately to the expectations of the specific work area, job description and Healthpoint.
- Provide supervision, guidance and on the job training and staff development for any direct reports.
- Maintain an appropriate level of continuous professional development.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in nursing care and the wider healthcare arena.
- Organize and participate in regular departmental activities, meetings and/or reports.
- Promote effective communication strategies and maintain good interdepartmental liaison.
- Works actively with staff to ensure service delivery is of a high standard.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing program of a minimum duration of three years study.
- Minimum 2 year relevant experience post registration
- 1 year experience in the assigned area of practice.
- Be a registered general Nurse
- Mature, professional attitude and manner.
- Hold a current / valid Nursing License from Country of Origin
- Valid Life Support Certificate.
- DOH License
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment