Overall Job Summary
You will be responsible for providing expert consultation, treatment and performing minor outpatient surgical procedures on skin diseases.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Dermatology
- Reports To
Head of Dermatology
- Treat different diseases and conditions of the skin and mucosal membrane.
- Treat viral, bacterial and/or fungal infections of the skin.
- Perform minor surgical procedures to remove benign and malignant lesions from the skin.
- Obtain the necessary clinical, medical and/or other surgical history in order to carry out medical examination.
- Provide hands-on services to patients through expert consultation and treatment.
- Provide full explanation to patients and their families with regard to the diagnosis and treatment.
- Write medical reports using a computerised in-house system.
- Use a computerised system to document, record, support the provision of patient care and necessary treatment.
- Report any communicable diseases to HAAD, using the computerised method.
- Participate in implementing international guidelines and standard operating procedures in Dermatology services, when required.
- Align with DOH standards of Sick Leave Issuing, and all other relevant DOH clinical standards.
- Maintain an appropriate level of continuous professional development through interdisciplinary training, with online courses and other international conferences.
- Have enough CME in order to retain HAAD license.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest modern developments.
- Attend and participate in regular departmental activities, meetings and/or reports.
- Promote effective communication strategies and maintain good interdepartmental liaison.
- Communicate with the patients using appropriate terminology.
- Maintain confidentiality and objectivity in accordance with the ethics of the profession.
- Promote and practice effective communication and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Practice with his/her area of competence and assume accountability for his/her professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate communication, cooperation with the team and patients harmoniously.
• MBBS or MBChB or equivalent qualification from an accredited entity
• Completion of Specialty qualification as per the recognized specialty certificate table (DOH PQR -Professional Qualification Requirement).
• Minimum experience as per requirements set by Department of Health (DOH):
Certification and Licensure
• DOH License (Preferably, BLS certified)
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Arabic is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Capability of working independently and as a team player.
The responsibilities described on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required of employees in the position.
Final determination of a candidate’s qualifications and eligibility to perform the job is at the sole discretion and judgment of the institute/department executive leadership.