Overall Job Summary
A Consultant is responsible for meeting patients, managing emergencies (including those in the outpatient department) and operating. The scope of surgeries is relatively vast. The Consultant will support junior staff, Residents and Specialists, if needed. He/she will assist and share in diagnosis in out-patient departments. The Consultant will write reports and take calls as per departmental regulations.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Department
- Reports To
Head of Department
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform surgeries according to the list of core privileges set by the hospital.
- Aware and able to use ENT surgical equipment.
- Involvement in in-patient duties.
- Diagnose, evaluate, admit, consult and treat patients.
- Performs rounds seeing patients with the departmental team.
- Writes reports.
- Involved with teaching/guiding junior staff.
- Provide supervision, guidance and on the job training and staff development for any direct reports.
- Maintain an appropriate level of continuous professional development.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in nursing care and the wider healthcare arena.
- Organize and participate in regular departmental activities, meetings and/or reports.
- Promote effective communication strategies and maintain good interdepartmental liaison.
- Works actively with staff to ensure service delivery is of a high standard
Professional / Personal Responsibilities
- Communicate using appropriate terminology for the guest, their families and other healthcare professionals.
- Maintain confidentiality and objectivity in accordance with the ethics of the profession.
- Promote and practice effective communication and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Practice with his/her area of competence and assume accountability for his/her professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate cooperative and harmonious working relationships
MBBS or MBChB or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution. The candidates should have an ENT specialization and a board recognized by DOH.
Recent experience according to national standards, PQR-8 or DOH and experience in the core procedures such as:
Head and Neck Surgery
- Tumor surgery
- Total laryngectomy
- Block neck dissection
- Surgery for branchial cyst
- Neck flap
- Skull base surgery
- Cochlear implant
- Lateral rhinotomy
- Repair of CSF rhinorrhea
- Facial plastic surgery
Certification and Licensure
- DOH Medical License
- Current Certification: BCLS, FRCS, American Board, Arab Board etc.