Overall Job Summary
Consultant Family Medicine is responsible for providing and maintaining a high standard of individualized medical care based on current best-practice guidelines to guests and their families, and takes an active role in working within the nursing and multidisciplinary teams.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Department
- Reports To
Head of Department
- Identity and obtain the necessary clinical, medical and/or other surgical history in order to carry out medical examination.
- Perform a thorough examination for all guests according to the DOH and Company guidelines for medical screening.
- Identify guests that are considered high risk and make any necessary referrals to other specialized health care professionals as required
- Promptly communicate to other healthcare professionals any significant abnormalities detected during guest assessment and follow centers and DOH policies and procedures regarding action
- Perform or schedule necessary diagnostic procedures and clinical tests
- Produce reports on investigations performed and complete the appropriate documentation for the necessary authorities
- Provide full explanation to guests, their families and appropriate others.
- Responds to all emergency calls, when on duty.
- Reports any communicable diseases to DOH, using the computerized method.
- Use a computerized system to record, support the provision of guests care/or treatment.
- Create and maintain clinical documents. Clinical documents must be accurate, completed in a timely manner and reflect specific information and services provided to the patient.
- Work toward achieving the department specific clinical KPIs and the Hospitals clinical KPIs.
- Ensure providing services that are in compliance with all applicable standards and requirements of Joint Commission International (JCI),Legislation, Policies, Quality Standards, DOH, and all other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Maintain an appropriate level of continuous professional development through interdisciplinary training, with online courses and other educational alternatives
- Promote effective communication strategies and maintain good interdepartmental liaison.
- Adhere to the Medical Caregivers Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
- Organize and participate in regular departmental activities, meetings and/or reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information in accordance with hospital policy.
- Communicate in a culturally sensitive manner with patient and family using appropriate terminologies in patient interactions.
- Ensure social accountability in providing the highest caliber of care towards the hospital’s wide range of patient demographic.
- Develop and write Public Health Programs in line with the department/hospital requirements.
- MBBS Degree or equivalent with a sub-specialty in Emergency Medicine is an advantage.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a JCI accredited hospital/medical Centre.
Certification and Licensure
- DOH license.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Decision Making and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently and a team player.
- Prioritize and manage his/her own clinical workload.
- Demonstrates positive attitude, passion and pride in own work.
Communicates with purpose - Conveys ideas and information to groups for mutual understanding, commitment and action.
Accountability - Accepts responsibility for one's actions regardless of outcomes.
Relationships - Creates and maintains partnerships based on mutual trust, respect, shared responsibility and purpose.
Improve - Recommends and Implements changes to better the enterprise and position IHN as the recognized leader in all healthcare specialties.
Nurture & Develop - Seeks & supports development opportunities for self & others, in order to fulfill current or future responsibilities more effectively.
Go Beyond Patient Expectations - Leverages skills, caregivers, financial & business information to exceed patient expectations.