Overall Job Summary
Responsible for the medical care services, including the supervision of administrative, clinical, and educational activities. Perform all of the tasks that are necessary for the Healthpoint Hospital to provide efficient, high-quality outpatient and in-patient care which conformance to established quality of care standards. Develops, implements, and maintains orthopedic procedures and practices with thorough attention to patient safety. Works closely with hospital staff, department directors, and physicians to ensure the highest standards of quality and service are maintained. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks independently or as assigned. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected related to quality and accreditation needs.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Department
- Reports To
Head of Department
- Provide adequate and competent delivery of quality health care to patients with injuries and disease of the musculoskeletal system through diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention.
- Provide particular expertise in performing surgical procedures related to the joint and bones.
- Provide particular expertise in preparing cast for broken bones and splints for sprains.
- Responsible for the smooth running of his/her clinic.
- Perform collaborative assistance in referral of above type of patients to appropriate facilities for further management.
- Records all data of the patients’ care in the patients’ medical records in accordance with acceptable international standard and Medical centers/hospital regulation.
- Create postoperative-care plans and recommends lifestyles changes involving diets, exercise and other health plans.
- Treat fractures and dislocated joints and other related injuries and symptoms.
- Conducts hospital round, writes orders and take call, sees patients and evaluates and clarifies clinical conditions.
- Quality reporting as required and attends/supports accreditation efforts by development of policy, procedure and completion of required audits or reviews.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- An Orthopaedic physician job requires having the ability to make quick and correct judgments. Considering the risks involved, one needs to have the focus and ability for crucial decision making.
- An Orthopaedic physician needs to be a good listener and understand what people are saying. This very important as even a minor point missed may prove to be life-threatening during surgery.
- Proper knowledge and skill to handle and operate the equipment and systems involved during the medical procedure.
- Good reading and comprehension skills as it is very important to understand the work related documents.
- MBBS or MBChB or equivalent qualification from accredited Institute.
- Completion of Specialty qualification as per the recognized specialty certificate table.
- Category Consultant -Minimum Two(2) years’ Experience Post Qualification.
- 1. Physician with an accredited American Board of Medical Specialty (ABMS) Certification, Specialization Certificate of the RCPSC, Certification by the College Family Physicians Canada (CFPC), and Certificate of completion of Specialist Training (CCST) or Certificate of Completion of Training CCT from the UK will attain the title of Consultant without experience requirement. This does not apply to surgical and interventional specialties.
- 2. Physicians holding ABMS, RCPSC, CCTS or CCT in surgical or Interventional specialties , who do not meet the experience requirements, are require to pass the Authorities’ assessments for licensure as consultant. However, they shall be reassessed 6 months post licensure for their surgical skills.