Overall Job Summary
The cost accountant position is accountable for providing support to the Senior Cost accountant and wider Accounting team in the provision of analysis, creation of cost model, reconciliation of systems to the cost model.
Assist in the monitoring and reporting of cost data and reconciliations.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
- Reports To
Strategy Development, Implementation and Evaluation
- Preparation of data to include in Management Reports regarding factors affecting prices and profitability
- Provide and analyse data that supports pricing strategy and revision of prices
Specialized Programs Development and Implementation
- Assist with maintenance of Cost Accounting System
- Assist in the building and updating databases
- Assist in the classification of fixed and variable costs
- Assist in preparation and analysis of budget and management reports (for the Hospital and for each department)
- Analyzing and presenting key financial data (monthly, quarterly and annual)
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Assist in physical inventory counts and monitor cycle counts; analyse and investigate variances and suggest solutions
- Analyse and report on the cost of sales as part of the month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs with agreed systematic process
- Conduct ongoing costing analyses; report on variances and their causes
- Provide reports on margins by specialty and sub specialty
- Support budgeting, forecasting and cash funding processes
- Assisting with month end close of General Ledger
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Similar
- 2-3 years of accounting/finance experience in Healthcare
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or CA/ACCA/Similar
- Excellent analytical skills, Experience manipulating large databases; Excel; SQL; BI Reporting
- Post Graduate degree in Accounting or Similar
- Healthcare costing processes and systems
- Powerpoint presentation skills
The responsibilities described on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required of employees in the position.
Final determination of a candidate’s qualifications and eligibility to perform the job is at the sole discretion and judgment of the institute/department executive leadership.