Overall Job Summary
Responsible for assisting the dentists with preparing and carrying out procedures.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Department
- Reports To
Head of Department
- Assess, plan, interview and evaluates all dental procedures. Set up and prepare the surgery based on the treatment planned before the start of the session.
- Completes a standard, comprehensive medical history from the patient and maintains the vital signs.
- Prepares and assists the dentist with full range of surgeries, that includes simple extractions, root canal, open flap surgery, removal of sutures, irrigation and any other clinical supportive functions relating to surgery
- Under supervision, may assist with oral prophylaxis to patients with light to severe cases suffering from plaque, calculus deposits.
- Under guidance from the dentist, gives education to patients on oral hygiene
- Reviewing daily appointments, preparing all necessary files, reviewing patient’s documents assures completion of all forms and signatures including consent forms, refusal forms, and medical reports.
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfection of dental units, disinfection and sterilization of instruments by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Assist and coordinates with the insurance coordinator for all the approvals for treatment.
- Responsible for coordinating with the reception about number of follow up appointments, required time and intervals between appointments.
- Assist and coordinate with the cashier for all the billing requirements.
- Maintains appropriate files and reports according to established department procedures/policies.
- Prepares and sterilizes instruments for each patient, following departmental infection control policies.
- Provides input and assists with the development, implementation and update of department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ordering and receiving of dental supplies by checking stocks and communicating with the purchasing department to assure prompt receipt of all orders.
- May be required to cover Reception duties as and when required.
- Maintain an appropriate level of continuous professional development.
- Attend and participate in regular departmental activities, meetings and reports.
- Promote effective communication strategies and maintain good interdepartmental liaison
- Any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Dentistry, Nursing or Similar.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in an medical environment
Certification and Licensure
- DOH/DHA License
- ACLS/PALS as required
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods whilst dealing with interruptions.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Proven computer skills in MS Excel, Word, Access, etc.
- A team player with interpersonal and strong communication skills.