Overall Job Summary
Being part of the front line team and welcome ALL visitors to the Clinic or Hospital via the telephone. Provide all relevant information to guests in relation to directions, appointments with medical team, clinic facilities and general guidance. Ensure that guests / patients are well informed of all procedures where applicable. Confirm appointments with relevant doctors, according to the patients’ requirements / requests.
As per the contract
- Professionally Responsible To
HOD Guest Services
- Reports To
GS Management / Supervisors
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Shift work 24/7
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing general information, transferring calls and/or taking messages as necessary.
- Operate communication systems, such as telephone, switchboard, intercom, in line with the telephone etiquette policy.
- Logging suggestions and complaints and routing them in line with policy
- Input into computer operating systems (e.g. Appointment system)
- Route emergency calls appropriately.
- Contact individuals to inform them of telephone calls, using interoffice communication equipment.
- Relay and route written and verbal messages including emails as necessary
- Perform clerical and administrative duties, such as word processing as requested
- Scheduling appointments for relevant clinics as required by the patient and staff members
- Answer general questions about Healthpoint. Any official communication must be routed to the Marketing department.
- Language Skills - Good levels of verbal and written communication
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people and workflows.
- Social Perceptiveness - cultural awareness and the diversity of the UAE
- Address the guests by their name (where possible)
- Manage the guests request accordingly and contact relevant departments to reconfirm appointments or set an appointment.
- Book appointments for patients into the Cerner system where possible, or follow the workflow to direct via e-mail to the relevant clinic (Training will be provided)
- Capture insurance accepted cards information to ensure validity and maintain the accuracy of patient demographics
- Ensure to follow the instructions of Guest Services management with periodic Cerner changes or changes in workflows.
- Keep guests aware of the process at all times as well as expected waiting times.
- Handle complaints with professionalism – listen and resolve. Escalate to Senior Management where appropriate. (Refer to Complaints Policy & Flow Chart). Contact the relevant department depending on the nature of the complaint.
- Only involved in areas of Guest Services (not medical)
- All e-mails to be answered within 2 hours.
- Liaise with Physicians/ nursing and insurance departments
- Ensure that professional conduct is maintained at all times, with clients and colleagues
- Contact the Help Desk to report any maintenance or cleanliness requirements and follow up accordingly.
- Co-ordinate effectively with other employees in the work area as well as other departments
- Understand and adhere to hospital policies and procedures.
- Not applicable
Professional / Personal Responsibilities
- Communicate using appropriate terminology for guests, their families and other healthcare professionals.
- Maintain confidentiality and objectivity in accordance with the ethics of the profession.
- Promote and practice effective communication and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Practice at the area of competence and assume accountability for their professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate communication, cooperation with the team members and guests harmoniously.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods whilst dealing with interruptions
- Compile staff working hour schedules if requested
- High School, College Education / Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years relevant experience, preferably from a customer-oriented environment.
- Fluent in English / Arabic is an advantage
- Computer literate
This job description is not definitive and following periodic review may be subject to change; any such changes will be fully discussed with the post-holder. The post holder will be expected to be flexible to respond to change and organisational need. The post holder will also be expected to contribute to the wider corporate and organisational development needs of the organisation.
The post holder will be expected to ensure compliance with the requirements of the health & safety regulations of the center.
Confidentiality & Data Management Responsibilities
Every employee is required to maintain the confidentially of guests, their families and members of staff in accordance with the center’s policies. Employees of the center are legally responsible for all records gathered, created or used in the line of work. Confidentiality, security and integrity of data are required in accordance with the center’s policies.