Overall Job Summary
To manage & identify OHSE standards, regulations and risks, record and highlight it to the reporting chain. This position shall be responsible to ensure compliances with OSHAD law in addition of JCI & DOH compliances as well. The fire protection system at Healthpoint is also to fall under the responsibility HSE officer. Contractors and service providers scheduled works and variety of permits fall under the responsibilities by this position. Overlooking HSE compliances as per HSE policies during operation with the internal departments.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Facility Management Manager
- Reports To
Facility Management Manager
- Ensure that all policies and procedures meet the current standard of OSHAD.
- To carry out three monthly inspections as detailed by OSHAD and return them electronically.
- Escort and support the external auditor annually and help compile the report.
- To own the audit findings from the third party auditor and close them out in the allocated time frame as detailed on the audit report.
- To hold the position of the fire safety officer ensuring that the fire risk assessment and the training matrix and training schedule is completed.
- Ensure that the sites licenses are current and returned to OSHAD every 2 months.
- Attend OSHAD seminars as a Healthpoint representative.
- Liaise with External Auditors for any type of inspection carried out on the premises.
- Close out all audit findings in the allocated time frame as detailed by OSHAD.
- Complete three monthly inspections of the full complex (Hospital & Clinic).
- Carry out all incident reporting in accordance with DOH and report to DOH website.
- Carry out all inductions for staff and contractors.
- Complete a training matrix for all staff for OHS training by department and job specification.
- Close out all audit / report findings from internal, external and Healthpoint Quality findings.
- Carry out weekly site inspections and compile report in conjunction with infection control and medical gas committee.
- Complete all access permits to include check on task risk assessment and task method statement. Elevate to FM department for high risk subject specific permits.
- Hold committee meetings inviting heads of department at least 3 monthly or after any major event.
- Escalate any high risk event to the FM Manager and carry out the investigation.
- Compile the residual risk register, keeping it updated at least monthly.
- Ensuring the site is compliant with DOH, JCI at all times by constantly improving the policies and procedures.
- Identify the fire wardens and ensure that they are trained.
- Carry out regular fire evacuation training involving the Abu Dhabi Civil Defense at least once a year.
- Compile safety reports and submit to DOH every 2 months.
- Ensure that Healthpoint OHS Policy is updated.
- Ensure that all works are completed in accordance with HPH OHS Policies and procedures.
- Copy FM Manager into all OSHAD, DOH, JCI communications.
- The holder of this position will work with the leadership HPH FM Manager to ensure all governance, compliance and customer management objectives are achieved.
- Ensure that FM Manager is informed of any incident that is of a major concern immediately by the quickest mean.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Health & Safety Certificate Diploma or Degree. (2-5 Yrs. Experience in Healthcare) - Or
- NEBOSH General and Fire. (10 – 15 Yrs. experience in Healthcare).
- OSHAD Grade A certificate holder.
- Full understanding of all relevant legislation, including Health & Safety, fire that is applicable to Estate maintenance, with appropriate qualification in H&S Management.
- Membership of professional body linked to OHS or fire safety.
- > 3 years experiences in a leading Health Facility Management role in a healthcare position, gaining managerial and professional experience at a management level.
- Experience of all aspects of occupational health and safety within a healthcare environment or equivalent.
- Experience in medical gas systems, hot and cold water systems, Electrical, HVAC, confined spaces, working at heights and boilers and pressure systems to include permits.
- Experience in tendering for large contracts such as hard FM or turnkey contracts.
- Demonstrable Experience in supervision and the ability to teach mechanical skills to city & guilds standards.
- Health & Safety Management experience in the commercial & healthcare building sector
- Knowledge of Facilities Management operations, industry best practice, building codes and legislative requirements relating to facilities management
- A high level of computer literacy, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship development skills.
- Incident investigation using root cause analysis.
- Strong experience in managing customer relations of different profiles of customers
- Experience of prioritizing workload.
- People Management.
- Full car driving license.
- MS Word, Power point, Excel and auto cad skills
- Communication in English – both written and verbal – must be excellent
- Able to manage stakeholders in an effective and friendly manner
- Time and diary management
- Must be adaptable, flexible with an assured disposition
- Willingness to take on mentoring roles for junior staff.
- Capable of undertaking risk assessments in persuasive style to ensure risks are known and managed.
- Possession of good judgmental and analytical skills.
- Good attitude being able to communicate as a problem solver not a problem maker.
- Communication Skills
- Risk analysis and being able to communicate via risk assessments, reports and verbally.
- Good common sense.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Incident reporting.
- Technology savvy and ability to produce clear and concise communications.