Overall Job Summary
Perform surgery and related procedures on the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial regions to treat diseases, injuries, or defects. May diagnose problems of the oral and maxillofacial regions. May perform surgery to improve function or appearance.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Dental Department.
- Reports To
Head of Dental Department.
- Administer general and local anesthetics.
- Remove impacted, damaged, and non-restorable teeth.
- Evaluate the position of the wisdom teeth to determine whether problems exist currently or might occur in the future.
- Collaborate with other professionals, such as restorative dentists and orthodontists, to plan treatment.
- Perform surgery to prepare the mouth for dental implants, and to aid in the regeneration of deficient bone and gum tissues.
- Remove tumors and other abnormal growths of the oral and facial regions, using surgical instruments.
- Treat infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaws, and neck.
- Treat problems affecting the oral mucosa, such as mouth ulcers and infections.
- Provide emergency treatment of facial injuries including facial lacerations, intra-oral lacerations, and fractured facial bones.
- Perform surgery on the mouth and jaws to treat conditions such as cleft lip and palate and jaw growth problems
- Perform Orthognathic Surgery to correct malocclusion problems owing to skeletal disharmonies.
- Restore form and function by moving skin, bone, nerves, and other tissues from other parts of the body to reconstruct the jaws and face.
- Perform minor cosmetic procedures such as chin and cheek-bone enhancements, and minor facial rejuvenation procedures including the use of Botox and laser technology.
- Treat snoring problems, using laser surgery (only if applicable).
- Help, establish and write a training programme for graduate dental students in line with the department/hospital requirements.
- Take the lead in research topics related to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Write specialized dental reports.
- Help organize transfer complicated cases to other Health Organizations if needed.
- Use a computerised system to record, support the provision of guests care/or treatment.
- Reports any communicable diseases to DOH, using the computerised method.
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- Specialization Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial and Surgery or equivalent
- Post-qualification from American Board in Oral and Maxillofacial and Surgery or fellowship from western accredited institution
- At least 3 years of experience as Consultant in a large hospital and/or medical centre.
- Must be registrable with DOH
- Preferably ACLS certified.
- Ability to work independently and a team player.
- Demonstrates positive attitude, passion and pride in your work.
- Conversant in Arabic is an advantage.
- Orthognathic Surgery
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Dental Implants
- Laser Scanning
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)