Overall Job Summary
Responsible for providing expert consultation, treating, controlling, managing all digestive diseases as well as performing appropriate diagnostic tests including endoscopy procedures.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Department
- Reports To
Head of Department
- Diagnose problems with the esophagus, intestines, gallbladder, stomach, liver and pancreas.
- Perform appropriate treatment in the probable disease areas.
- Treat conditions including but not limited to colon cancer, hepatitis, irritable bowel syndrome, pancreatitis, colitis’s, gallbladder disease and peptic ulcer disease.
- Examine patient to provide information on medical conditions and surgical risk.
- Analyze patient’s medical history, medication allergies, physical condition and examination results.
- Identify and obtain the necessary clinical, medical and/or other surgical history in order to carry out medical examination.
- Provide hands-on service to patients through expert consultation and treatment.
- Provide full explanation to guests, their families and appropriate others.
- Refer patients to medical specialist or other practitioner, when necessary.
- Write reports using a computerized in-house system.
- Use a computersed system to record, support the procision of guests care and treatment.
- Participate in implementing standard operating procedures and protocols relating gastro services, when required.
- Maintain an appropriate leave of continues professional development through interdisciplinary training with online courses and other educational alternatives.
- Have enough CME in order to retain DOH License.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest modern development.
- Attend and participate in regular departmental activates, meetings and reports.
Education and Experience
- MBBS or MBChB or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Completed specialty as per Department of Health PQR.
- Non UAE nationals: Three years’ experience post qualification.
- UAE Nationals: One year experience post qualification.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate ability to adapt varied age-specific patient populations.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability for job performance.
- Good judgement and analytical ability in preparing work for review.
- Promotes confidentiality and uses complete discretion when discussing information.
- Promotes a positive corporate image, utilizing good public relation skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer system used in the organization.
- Demonstrate effective delegation skills and completes assignments accurately and on time.
- Demonstrate adherence to safety and risk management policies as evidenced by attendance records and employee practices.