Overall Job Summary
Assumes responsibility for all activities related to the successful completion and follow up of all scheduled and unscheduled surgeries/procedures in the given Clinic. Works in conjunction with the surgeon, nurses, the Pre-Anesthesia clinic (PAC), OT Scheduler, Nurse manager and Case manager to ensure smooth throughput and coordination of all surgeries/procedures.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Service Line Operations Administrator
- Reports To
Service Line Operations Administrator
- Ensures accuracy of Cerner patient demographics for patients scheduled for surgery or procedure
- Provides patient with a mutually agreeable surgery/procedure date
- Sets up Pre-Admission Testing appointment through PAC clinic
- Performs scheduling both intra- and inter-departmentally as requested by Most Responsible Physician (MRP) order
- Reserves bed via the Admission Office when applicable
- Schedules follow up appointment after surgery/procedure is complete
- Reviews all Pre-Admission Testing Data to ensure normalcy and completion. Review any abnormal findings with MRP/proceduralist
- Call patient prior to surgery/procedure to confirm arrival time for surgery/admission
- Coordinates services and provides special instructions as requested by patient, surgeon, MRP or proceduralist
- Responsible for maximizing a department’s allocated spaces by scheduling all surgeries/procedures
- Assists with financial clearance/ pre-authorization for any surgeries/procedures
- Enters all updates, corrections and changes to scheduled surgeries/procedures
- Maintains provider schedules for designated unit and coordinates multiple physician surgeries
- Acts as a resource to all department personnel including surgeons, nurses and administrators
- Coordinates daily with OT scheduler
- Perform other duties as assigned and required
Oversee the activities in the departments and ensuring that workplaces are safe and without risk to health and safety.
- Communicate all OSHMS policies and procedures to employees and to ensure staff, are following them.
- Assign a safety representative who is responsible for coordinating all OSHMS activities within the department.
- Assign an Infection Control representative to coordinate all Infection Control and patients’ safety within the department.
- Provide workplace safety orientation to employees and contract workers in accordance with OSHMS requirements.
- To assign OSH tasks to staff.
- To control activities of staff, visitors and other parties involved which may put Healthpoint OSH requirements at risk.
- To stop any hazardous activity within workplace.
- Conduct risk assessments and propose controls and resource needs
- Conduct OSH meetings as necessary,
- Participate in incident investigations etc.
- Propose for employee training needs.
- Set and propose staff competency requirements.
- Inspect work place.
- Take disciplinary actions.
- Regular reporting to department manager.
- To implement corrective actions / recommendations suggested by top management/COO/OSHMR /local regulatory agencies.
- Regular progress meetings.
- Employee OSH compliance.
- Department OSH performance.
- Reporting and correcting OSH hazards.
- Employee induction, tool box talks and training.
- Accountable to meet Healthpoint OSH targets and objectives relevant to the department.
- High School certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred in specific healthcare profession such as nursing, medical assistant, healthcare administration or other equivalent profession
- Medical Terminology
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact successfully with all levels of personnel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication are essential
- The ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must treat all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality
- Requires the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Ability to promote and utilize a consistent problem solving methodology
- Ability to function independently and as a team
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to work under stringent deadlines.
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Ability to speak and write in Arabic is preferred
The responsibilities described on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required of employees in the position.
Final determination of a candidate’s qualifications and eligibility to perform the job is at the sole discretion and judgment of the institute/department executive leadership.