Overall Job Summary
A physician position is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills to the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of illnesses for patients within the vascular specialty at Healthpoint. This position treats patients directly and/or may make referrals to different members of the health care professional team at Healthpoint.
- Professionally Responsible To
- Reports To
Head of Department
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Monitors and provides care to patients at Healthpoint within the vascular specialty department.
- Prescribes or administers medication, therapy and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury.
- Analyzes records, reports and test results to diagnose patient’s medical condition.
- Interacts with patient to gather additional history and information about medical condition.
- Explains procedures and discusses test results or prescribed treatments with patient.
- Provides specific treatments and/or performs operations to treat patient medical conditions.
- Evaluates patient and records applicable notes about patient’s condition for purposes of serving as a record of treatment and/or making a possible referral to another member of the health care professional team.
- Liaisons with other medical and non-medical staff at Healthpoint to ensure quality patient treatment.
- Performs surgical procedures and operations as appropriate.
- Supplies and provides care in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner.
- Follows ethical and regulatory guidelines.
- Takes part in administrative functions that ensure the continued operations of the clinical environment, such as committees, task forces and performance improvement measures.
- For physicians from Tier 1 countries, a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience is required
For physicians from Tiers 2 countries, a minimum of eight (8) years full-time employment by a World Health Organization (WHO) listed medical school or a fully JCI, ceCanadian or Australian accredited hospital is required
Certification and Licensure:
Ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in specialty practice area
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills with patients, staff and other physicians
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all times
- Ability to speak and write in English is required