Dr. Alrahoomi is the first UAE national to be certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation by the European Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and in Sports Medicine by the International Olympic Committee. He is Vice President of the UAE’s Medical Olympics Committee. He is also the treating physician for the UAE’s Olympic team in the Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020, and was the treating physician for the UAE’s National Team in the Special Olympics in Abu Dhabi. He is also an adjunct professor at both the College of Medicine and Health Sciences at UAE University, and the College of Medicine and Health Sciences at Khalifa. University.
Dr. Alrahoomi obtained his residency and completed his Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation from the University of Paris, France. He holds an International Olympic Committee Diploma of Sports Medicine as well as several university diplomas including Diagnostic and Interventional Ultrasound in Rheumatology (Montpellier University); Interventional Ultrasound in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (French Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation), and in Prosthetics and Orthotics (Pierre et Marie Curie University UPMC – Paris VI).
He has also completed the Harvard Medical School Global Clinical Scholars Research Training and earned certifications in areas including Hypnosis in the Practice of Rehabilitation and Manual Therapy (French Hypnosis Institute). Dr. Alrahoomi is certified in Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy by the European College of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine; and in Urodynamic Evaluations (Paris Diderot University – Paris VII).
- Diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, including shoulder, ankle, knee, wrist and hand, hip and pelvis, and spine
- Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound and interventional procedures under ultrasound guidance, including steroids, hyaluronic acid, platelet-rich plasma (PRP), and other types of injections for osteoarthritis, tendonitis and tendinopathy, plantar fasciitis, and other musculoskeletal/orthopedics injuries
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy for musculoskeletal injuries such as plantar fasciitis, calcific tendinopathies and tendonitis in the shoulder, elbow, ankle, and other joints
- Parasports, including diagnosis and treatment of all musculoskeletal injuries related to people of determination, such as wheelchair-dependent patients, patients with cerebral palsy, amputees, etc
- Orthotics and prosthetics and prescription of rehabilitation related medical equipment and supports
- Spasticity management, medical and interventional, including medications and botulinum toxin injections.
Awards & Accreditations
- French Fellowship of Sports Medicine, D.E.S.C.
- International Olympic Committee Diploma of Sports Medicine
- European Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, E.B.P.R.M.
- French Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, D.E.S.