She began her career by carrying out 2 fellowships in early arthritis research at the AMC, Netherlands and University of Glasgow, United Kingdom. She has also worked at various NHS hospitals in the UK, as a Rheumatology Consultant and is licensed to practice in both UK and Romania.
MBBS, MD from Carol Davila University, Romania; postgraduate diploma in musculoskeletal ultrasound
- More than 10 years experience in Rheumatology working as Rheumatology Consultant in the UK prior to moving to UAE
- Granted 2 fellowships in early arthritis research at the AMC, Netherlands and University of Glasgow, United Kingdom working in centers of excellence for Rheumatology research and has presented results at conferences both locally and internationally
- Extensive experience in musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnostic and treatment purposes that include use of US for injections or aspirations; Has been awarded a postgraduate diploma in musculoskeletal ultrasound as well as certificate from the EULAR for advance use of MSKUS
- Extensive experience in clinical and laboratory research, and has been part of multiple research trials
- Special interest in the diagnosis and treatment of early arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Has been a member of the Abu Dhabi taskforce that has issued the osteoporosis screening guideline for the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Interest in public health with a special interest in teaching and patient education
The diagnosis and treatment of early arthritis, MSK and vasculitis ultrasonography, clinical research and teaching
Awards & Accreditations
Licensed to practice in both UK and Romania