Dr. Bokhari was trained in the US, completing her BSc degree in Physics at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, and her Medical Degree (MD) at the Wayne State University School of Medicine. After this, she completed her one year of General Surgery residency training at Montefiore Medical Center in New York, US.
Subsequently, she completed her post-graduate training at Wayne State University School of Medicine and Beaumont Hospital Taylor in Michigan, U.S., a comprehensive rehabilitation hospital including a specialized neurotrauma unit. After completion of residency, she ran a general physical medicine and pain management clinic, as well as regenerative sports medicine. After moving to the UAE, Dr. Bokhari worked at fellow Mubadala Health partner, Amana Healthcare.
- General physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Electrodiagnostics: Electromyography and nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS)
- Regenerative sports medicine
- Non-surgical orthopedics
- Pediatric rehabilitation
Awards & Accreditations
- Diplomate of American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Fellow of American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society