State of art Peripheral Nerve and Spinal Cord Stimulation services
If your pain in your back, joints, arms, or legs aren’t responding to medicine or injections, we may consider electrical stimulation. In this approach, we insert an electrical device with leads connecting to the affected areas. Then we can send electrical pulses to where you are feeling pain. These electrical pulses do not get rid of the source of the pain, but rather replace it with a tingling feeling that many people prefer to pain. These minimally invasive procedures are often very effective for pain and are fully reversible.
There are 2 types of electrical stimulation:
Peripheral nerve stimulation focuses on nerves outside the spinal cord or brain. It helps with knee, shoulder , low back head or chest pain, complex regional pain syndromes (such as reflex sympathy dystrophy and causalgia), and post-herpetic neuralgia (chronic pain after shingles), as well as other neuralgias and painful conditions.
Spinal cord stimulation/DRG stimulation useful for pain in the back, arms, and legs. We often use it to help with failed back surgery syndrome (post-laminectomy syndrome), which can develop after spine surgery, and with complex regional pain syndrome, which happens when your body doesn’t heal properly after an injury. We also use spinal cord stimulation for other types of pain, including pain after chest surgery (post-thoracotomy syndrome), and headaches (occipital neuralgia).
What to expect
First, we test to make sure electrical stimulation works well for you. We place small trial electrodes next to your spine or peripheral nerve . We also place a small device that delivers electrical pulses through the electrodes. We can program the electronic device to send the electrical energy in a pattern that works for your pain.
If the test helps your pain, we will remove the trial leads and replace them with more permanent ones. Our team also includes experienced surgeons to assure that the permanent procedure is performed at the highest possible standard.
Conditions we treat:
- Cancer pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Neuralgia
- Gynecological conditions
- Musculoskeletal disorders: spine disorders, joint pain
- Other acute or chronic pain conditions
- Botox therapy
- Heat Therapy: Moxa Wool Moxibustion
- Interventional procedures with the latest technology of Radiofrequency Ablation or Neuromodulation techniques
- Multimodal Pain Management Solutions
- Psychosocial consultations
- Up-to-date pharmaceutical approach
- Variable Injection techniques: peripheral tissues and nerves, neuroaxial injections, nervous plexus, joints
The pain unit has extended its services to include the following:
1. Neuromodulation: which includes spinal cord stimulators, dorsal root ganglion stimulator and peripheral nerves stimulators, which can help with a lot of conditions such as:
- Post-laminectomy syndrome (persistent back and leg pain after back surgery)
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Peripheral diabetic neuropathy
- Peripheral vascular diseases
- Chronic pelvic pain
2. Regenerative medicine: including (prolotherapy, stem cell therapy and PRP), which can be a new modality for a lot of conditions such as:
- Major joints O.A
- Low back and neck pain
- Sports injuries such as sprains ,tears, etc.