We bring together the brightest minds in the diagnosis and management of spine disorders and back pain, ensuring that each patient receives a personalized treatment plan for optimal results. Our holistic approach, from the initial diagnosis all the way through to post-treatment rehabilitation, ensures we provide meticulous levels of care.
Wooridul Spine Centre is a partnership between Mubadala Healthcare and South Korea's Wooridul Spine Hospital and is wholly owned by Mubadala. Its goal is to bring leading-edge spinal care to the United Arab Emirates in order to address the region's high prevalence of spinal problems and to reduce the need for patients to travel abroad for specialized treatments.
Spine surgeries carried out at Healthpoint are performed by renowned South Korean spine surgeons who are pioneers in minimally-invasive spinal surgery, utilizing endoscopic and microscopic laser technology to effectively treat disorders of the spinal disc. These techniques reduce surgical damage to muscle and tissue, resulting in shorter hospital stays, almost no bleeding, minimal scarring, and above all, a speedy recovery. As a boutique style hospital, we also provide unrivalled levels of comfort with luxury private rooms, valet parking, concierge services and a personal touch, making your stay with us as pleasant as possible.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Spine Procedures
- Key Hole Microscopic Decompression (Cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine)
- Key Hole Laser assisted Microdisectomy (Cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine)
- Total Disc Replacement (Cervical and Lumbar) and Motion Preservation surgeries
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF)
- Oblique lumbar interbody fusion (OLIF)
- Minimally invasive transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF)
- Revisional spine surgery for recurrent disc herniation and failed back surgery syndrome
Whenever possible, your spine surgeons at Wooridul Spine Centre will explore non-surgical treatments first. These treatments may include medication, pain management techniques, physiotherapy, including manipulation, dry needling, electrical modalities, traction, exercise with various equipments. We offer comprehensive and tailored treatment plans for managing pain. Our multi-disciplinary approach goes beyond medication management and interventional procedures to incorporate the entire scope of pain management, including behavioral services and rehabilitation services.
Spine Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Our team of expert spine physiotherapists brings the best from the field of spine and musculoskeletal physiotherapy to the UAE. The treatment combines evidence-based principles with a state-of-the-art facility, and a strong commitment to develop concise, individualized programs for every patient. All our spine physiotherapists have been specially trained at the world renowned Wooridul Spine Hospital in Seoul, South Korea. This systematic approach to physiotherapy and exercise therapy is the secret of our outstanding long-term success in the field.
Spine Physiotherapists deal with conditions including degenerative and deformities of the spine, both surgical and conservative. Below are some of the most common conditions treated by Spine Physiotherapists:
- Neck Pain – Mechanical
- Neck Pain – Whiplash Associated Disorders
- Neck Pain with radiating pain to the arm
- Spondylosis of the cervical and lumbar spine
- Spondylolysthesis – slipping of vertebrae
- Low Back Pain – Mechanical
- Low Back Pain with radiating pain to the legs – eg : Sciatica
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Osteoporosis – weakening of the spine bones
- Disc Herniation – neck, mid back and low back region
- Fracture of the Spine
- Physiotherapy following Epidural Injection, Selective Nerve Root Block Injections
- Return to Work Assessments, Return to Sports Assessments and Training following injuries to Spine
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation following Spine Surgeries – like Micro discectomy, Artificial Disc Replacement, Fusion Surgeries, Percutaneous Endoscopic Micro Discectomy, Scoliosis Correction Surgery, Kyphosis Correction Surgery.
We offer relief to our patients though a broad range of treatment techniques that include custom exercise prescriptions and therapy or programs to minimize any disability. This involves sophisticated equipment that is selected based on physiological design, clinical efficacy, usability and safety, most of which is only available at Wooridul Spine Centre.
- Centaur Trunk Stabilizing and Strengthening Device
- Neurac-RedCord Sling Therapy
- Exercise Devices for core stability, upper and lower muscular endurance training
- Fluid Cycle: Aerobic Workout for both upper and lower limbs
- Vertetrac & Cervico 2000 (traction in motion for cervical and lumbar areas)
- Electronic Cervical & Lumbar Traction
- Gym with a range of the latest equipment to restore functions for a better quality of life
- Electrotherapy modalities to relieve pain and to improve muscle strength
Benefits of our minimally invasive spinal procedures
In comparison to traditional open spine surgery, our pioneering minimally-invasive surgical treatments offer several advantages:
- Faster recovery after surgery
- Reduced pain and discomfort as a result of the smaller incisions
- Greater surgical precision
- Less scarring, soft tissue and muscle damage
- Reduced chances of infection
- Less blood loss during surgery, reducing the need for transfusions
As with any surgical procedure, there is an element of risk associated even with minimally invasive spinal operations including:
- Infection (surgical site or deep infection)
- Blood clots
- CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) leakage
- Persistent or recurrent symptoms
- Neurologic complications.
- Medical complications (lung, kidney, liver, heart, etc)
- Implant failure.
Our spine team is comprised of world-renowned specialists. In line with Healthpoint’s integrated approach to care, our spine consultants work closely with other specialists and support services to provide the full cycle of care and create a bespoke treatment plan for each patient.