Overall Job Summary
The Clinical Applications Analyst is responsible for providing Cerner Millennium system and third parties’ administration in a mission critical, 7/24 environment. Includes planning, installation, maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning of production and all non-production databases, servers, back end domains, applications, and interfaces. Provide ongoing maintenance, optimization of the environment and troubleshooting as appropriate. Monitor system usage and establishes / maintains baseline monitoring thresholds across all domains. Provides Cerner system code upgrades, solution implementations, package installations and domain copies.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Department
- Reports To
Head of Department
Contributes domain expertise to the analysis, build and configuration of the Clinical Applications.
- Preparation and facilitation of Clinical Application validation sessions
- Assists in gathering of requirements from business and clinical stakeholders
- Contributes expertise to the documentation of workflows for the Clinical Applications
- Finalizes documentation of Reporting Queries as gathered from clinical and business stakeholders
- Provides ongoing tier two and three on-call support
Application Analysis, Configuration and Test
- Contributes expertise to the process and functional design activities of multiple applications.
- Contributes expertise in application build, test and deploy activities
- Contributes expertise to data conversion activities.
- Assists in test planning and execution.
- Continually identifies areas of opportunity for improvement in system and application monitoring.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure teams in developing appropriate backup and recovery procedures for all applications and conduct
- Periodic recovery tests.
- Will have overall Support service delivery responsibility for specific Cerner Millennium solution areas. The primary responsibility is developing and implementing on-going Support (incident and request) process improvements related to the Cerner Millennium application suite. Heavy business process redesign and operational redesign is required.
- Responsible for managing executive level issues which have serious high profile impact such as patient safety, regulatory or security (HIPAA) concerns. Managing executive level issues includes communications, root cause analysis, resolution and development of processes to ensure future occurrences are mitigated.
- Will be responsible for assessing the current condition of the applications for which he/she is responsible, and develop improvement plans where necessary. Will develop a strong understanding of the capabilities of the client's existing systems and make recommendations to leadership on the strategic direction.
- This role will provide both tactical and strategic planning for the Cerner Millennium applications suite assist with budget creation and reviews; manage third party vendor relationships and contracts; and own all related escalations at the corporate/executive level. Technical knowledge and expertise required for this position includes integration/interface knowledge.
- Must be Cerner Millennium solution subject matter experts and have in depth product functionality expertise. They will be the Support primary point of contact for Health Point Hospital LLC.
- Coordinate and lead activities related to supporting and optimization of HIT solutions in the facility.
- Coordinate and Liaise with related vendors on problem fixes and escalations to higher levels of support.
- Coordinate with Information Security and Technology Manager and hospital heads of departments on contingency plans in cases of planned/unplanned system downs.
- Undertaking new and existing projects when needed.
- Bachelor's degree with relevant major in IT, Healthcare management, or business admin.
- Cerner, PMP, ITIL Certification is a plus.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, with 5 years supporting more than one of Cerner Millennium modules: CPOE, Power Orders, MPages, PowerChart, Care Documentation, Patient List, iView, iBus, PharmNet, RadNet, SurgiNet, Scheduling Solution.Understanding of clinical workflow and clinical operations.
- Experience working with one or more vendor clinical software with implementation methodology experience in clinical software or Electronic Medical/Health Record.
- Experience working directly with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers.
- Previous healthcare management/leadership experience.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Expert in Clinical Application Support with a solid understanding of ITIL processes.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Clinical operation workflow.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- General knowledge of IT infrastructure and Technology solutions.
- Strong customer relationship, interpersonal, and team building skills at a senior level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work independently yet collaborate cross-functionally in a team environment.