Overall Job Summary
Diagnose or evaluate mental and emotional disorders of individuals through observation, interview, and psychological tests, and formulate and administer programs of treatment.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Department
- Reports To
Head of Department
- Consult reference material such as textbooks, manuals, and journals in order to identify symptoms, make diagnoses and to develop approaches to treatment.
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behavior and/or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans, specifying type, frequency, intensity, and duration of therapy.
- Discuss the treatment of problems with clients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling or treatments, and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, then modify plans and diagnoses as necessary.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues, and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- Observe individuals at play, in group interactions, or in other contexts to detect indications of mental deficiency, abnormal behavior, or maladjustment.
- Obtain and study medical, psychological, social, and family histories, by interviewing individuals, couples, or families, and by reviewing records.
- Provide occupational, educational, and other information to individuals so that they can make educational and vocational plans.
- Providing support and assistance to the clinical team when required.
- Attend and participate in regular departmental activities and meetings.
- Communicate using appropriate terminology for the patient, their families and other healthcare professionals.
- Maintain confidentiality and objectivity in accordance with the ethics of the profession.
- Practice within his/her area of competence and assume accountability for his/ her professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate cooperative and harmonious working relationships
Bachelor degree in the field of psychology and Postgraduate Doctoral degree (example: Ph.D., Psy.D., Ed.D., D.Clin.Psy) from an approved Psychology faculty or an educational faculty with focus on psychology.
Or Master’s degree (includes MSc, MA, M.Phil) of minimum two (2) years from a psychology faculty or an educational faculty.
bachelor degree is minimum four (4) years duration.
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience post certification in related field.
Certification and Licensure
- DOH License
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Spoken and written English skills are essential
- Conversant in Arabic is an advantage.