Overall Job Summary
The CSSD Technician reports to the OT/CSSD/Endoscopy Department Manager. Works under the guidance of a Senior CSSD Technician/Manager within the frame work of his/her duties and responsibilities and be responsible for the smooth operation of the department.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Department
- Reports To
Head of Department
- Maintain and adhered high level of aseptic techniques practices, disinfection, sterilisation standards and processes.
- To ensure efficient provision of decontaminated and sterile supplies for the Hospital.
- Implementing policies and procedures designed in accordance with Accreditation Standards.
- To ensure good communication and a happy and safe work environment.
- Ensure appropriate housekeeping (routine and specialized housekeeping activities) is carried out including additional maintenance cleaning as appropriate.
- Must have sterility conscious at all time.
Management of Equipment
- To follow the Standard Operation Procedure (SOP)/Manufacturer guidelines in care and maintenance of Steam Sterilizer, Washer Disinfector and other equipment.
- Perform daily cleaning, Dummy Run, Bowie Dick and Biological Test for Steam Sterilizer.
- Assist and perform weekly/monthly/yearly maintenance on all equipment in CSSD.
- Perform duty as assign in the decontamination area such as collecting and receiving contaminated/used/expired items from respective department.
- Check, document, disassembling used items and clean items by manual of mechanical technique.
- Manage instrument used for infectious cases according to the SOP.
- Perform daily cleaning of washer disinfector and weekly monitoring test.
Packing, Sterilization and Storage
- Perform duties such as drying, sorting, checking, assembling and packing instrument/item received from Decontamination Room.
- Select the appropriate sterilization cycle for each item/load, load item into the sterilizer according to the standard of practice.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented and documented in regards to Sterilization procedures and test results.
- Store sterile items in the sterile store and distribute back to the respective department.
- Check, sterilized, supply and maintain adequate stock level of consumables.
Management of the Department
- Participate in preparing the department for Hospital accreditation, ensuring all relevant standards and guidelines are implemented and maintain.
- Participate to ensure adequate manpower, equipment, instrument and consumables are available for the effective and efficient management of department.
- Attend to all incoming stock, checked and stored in the appropriate places and perform documentation.
- Ensure that all specified items are serviced and in good working order.
- Participate in day to day management of the team, training and performance reviews in the absence of the Senior Technician/Manager
- Assist in checking and supervise new staffs to ensure standard of practices are maintained.
- Participate in providing orientation for new personnel in the unit.
- Participate in organizing the medical environment, performs support activities in patient care situations, including contingency operations and disasters.
- To be familiar with the policy and procedure manuals of the Hospital.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Serve on Hospital committees as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a sterilization environment is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an Operating Theatre environment is desirable.
Certification and Licensure
- Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician or Certified Registered Central Service Technician
Communicates with purpose - Conveys ideas and information to groups for mutual understanding, commitment and action.
Accountability - Accepts responsibility for one's actions regardless of outcomes
Relationships - Creates and maintains partnerships based on mutual trust, respect, shared responsibility and purpose
Improve - Recommends and Implements changes to better the enterprise and position IHN as the recognized leader in all healthcare specialties
Nurture & Develop - Seeks & supports development opportunities for self & others, in order to fulfill current or future responsibilities more effectively
Go Beyond Patient Expectations - Leverages skills, caregivers, financial & business information to exceed patient expectations.