Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible for the delivery of high quality, patient-centered care and to be professionally accountable for all aspects of the delivery of that nursing care.
To undertake the duties of a registered nurse as defined in the “Scope of Practice for the Registered Nurse” by Dubai Health Regulatory Agency (DHRA) and Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD).
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
- Reports To
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To maintain a safe environment.
- Registered Nurses are responsible to a Head of Nursing to provide professional, quality patient care according to Healthpoint standards.
- Maintains and demonstrates clinical competence using evidence-based practice, nursing knowledge, research and reflective practice in all aspects of patient care including those with complex needs.
- Identifies the activities of daily living and appropriately plans; implements and evaluates physical and psychological care.
- Ensures that patient care within the facility is performed in accordance with established hospital and corporate policies and procedures, following recognized international standards.
- Work in collaboration both clinically and administratively with leadership and other members of the health care team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Act in a professional manner and communicate effectively all necessary information to patients, staff and management; keeping them informed of progress and relevant changes to support the client through the health care experience.
- Functions in the role of team leader when needed in addition to providing direct patient care.
- To gain experience and skills in Clinical Practice Development, Facilitation and teaching, Policy Writing
- To participate in orientation of new staff as appropriate and to teach and act as a mentor/preceptor/ role model and a resource person for other nurses and health practitioners.
- Participation in “on call” rota if relevant to the area of work.
Patient Care Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care.
- To maintain accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of patient care.
- To plan and coordinate the patients’ discharge arrangements.
- To promote a patient-focused approach to care in collaboration with all relevant health professionals; acting as an ambassador for our medical service.
- Evaluates patient/family learning needs and assists them in developing knowledge, skills and other resources they need to achieve satisfying and productive patterns of living by providing advice on health education and developing therapeutic supportive relationships.
- To provide information to enable patients to make choices about their lifestyle including advice in areas such as weight control, blood pressure, diabetes management.
- To educate patients and their careers as required in line with Healthpoint Patient and Family Education Policy.
- To complete patient documentation correctly according to organizational standards and policies.
- To participate in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication by creating an environment that fosters open and honest communication.
- To ensure patient confidentiality.
- Maintain knowledge of nursing trend and Evidence-Based Practice.
- Follows Healthpoint policies and procedures.
- Act as a patient advocate.
- Perform investigatory procedure, minor procedures and wound management.
- Restocking and maintaining clinical areas and consulting rooms
- Fosters a climate of mutual understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural differences inherent in a multi-cultural society, work and client base.
- Offering first aid and emergency treatment as required.
Professional Development and Education Responsibilities
- Maintains professional license as required by DHA / HAAD and country of origin.
- Demonstrates knowledge relevant to their scope and level of practice.
- Practice nursing in accord with relevant legislation, guidelines and policies and will uphold patient rights derived from those documents to ensure professional standards are maintained.
- Assists in developing a suitable learning environment for staff and act as a mentor/preceptor in the supervision and teaching of peers.
- Accepts responsibility to identify and meet own learning needs for professional growth by developing and sustaining own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness in accordance with Individual nursing registration requirements.
- To contribute to annual appraisal and be responsible for own Personal Development Programme.
- To actively attend mandatory training sessions and other internal education programmes.
- To develop own teaching skills and demonstrate evidence of participating in educational opportunities which meet the individual, service and organizational requirements.
- To complete competencies relevant to the area of work.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing program of a minimum duration of three years study
- Eligible for HAAD licensing
- Proficient in English (Written / Verbal)
- Computer Skills desired
- Valid Life Support Certificate
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
This job description is not definitive and following periodic review may be subject to change; any such changes will be fully discussed with the post-holder. The post holder will be expected to be flexible to respond to change and organisational need. The post holder will also be expected to contribute to the wider corporate and organisational development needs of the organisation.
The post holder will be expected to ensure compliance with the requirements of the health & safety regulations of the center.
Confidentiality & Data Management Responsibilities
Every employee is required to maintain the confidentially of guests, their families and members of staff in accordance with the center’s policies. Employees of the center are legally responsible for all records gathered, created or used in the line of work. Confidentiality, security and integrity of data are required in accordance with the center’s policies.