Overall Job Summary
Reporting to the Head of Pulmonology, you will be responsible for assisting the pulmonology team as a respiratory technician.
As per contract
- Professionally Responsible To
Head of Pulmonology
- Reports To
Head of Pulmonology
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform in and outpatient Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT’s)
- Educate patients as well as their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques that may include: breathing exercises, correct use and techniques of medications.
- Perform on patients ABG’s, CPT, NIV (BiPAP, CPAP) checking, educating and follow up.
- Perform portable Polysomnography, scoring, reporting and analysis
- Ensure all clinical staff delivers quality patient care and a proactive attitude towards the patients.
- Supervise new employees, students, respiratory therapy technicians or assistant
- Set up and operative machinery, when requested: Mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus
- Reporting to Head of Pulmonology when equipment needs servicing or replacing
- Liaising with biomedical engineers on routine maintenance of equipment
- Maintain infection control standard according to policies and procedures.
- Holds a valid HAAD licence as Respiratory Therapist
- At least 2 years of experience in an acute care environment.
- Experience/qualifications in sleep study preferable
- BCLS certified.
- Must be registerable with Health Authority of Abu Dhabi.
- Prior work experience in JCI accredited hospital and/or medical centre is an advantage.
- Must possess customer service, diplomacy & interpersonal skills.
- Conversant in Arabic is an advantage.
This job description is not definitive and following periodic review may be subject to change; any such changes will be fully discussed with the post-holder. The post holder will be expected to be flexible to respond to change and organisational need. The post holder will also be expected to contribute to the wider corporate and organisational development needs of the organisation.
The post holder will be expected to ensure compliance with the requirements of the health & safety regulations of the centre.
Confidentiality & Data Management Responsibilities
Every employee is required to maintain the confidentially of guests, their families and members of staff in accordance with the centre’s policies. Employees of the centre are legally responsible for all records gathered, created or used in the line of work. Confidentiality, security and integrity of data are required in accordance with the centre’s policies.